That darn leak. If I just knew where it was coming from.” Let the leak detectors at Campbell’s Pool & Spa locate your leak with their state-of-the-art leak seeking equipment. They will have you plugged in no time. Now put up that garden hose.
It’s normal for your pool to lose small amounts of water, thanks to normal pool use, environmental conditions, water temperature and even backwashing the filter. However, there are instances when water loss is problematic, which can cause severe damage if not repaired immediately.
Pool Leak Bucket Test
Before you call the professionals, you can perform a bucket test to determine if your water loss is due to high evaporation rates or if there is indeed a possible leak. Conduct a bucket test by following these steps:
- Bring pool water to a normal level
- Fill a 5-gallon bucket with your pool water about 3 to 4 inches from the top
- Place bucket on first or second step of pool (preferably the second step without immersing it)
- Mark the water level on the inside of the bucket with marker or electrical tape
- Shut off your pool pump and mark the pool water level on the outside of the bucket
- Resume normal pump operation, however make sure auto/manual fill valve is off during the test
- After 24 hours, compare the two levels. If the pool water (outside mark) goes down more than the inside water level, there may be a leak.
If you’ve determined there is a possible leak, contact us immediately. While most leaks are easily repairable and require little invasive repair work, those that are left undetected and unrepaired could result in serious and costly structural damage.
Pool Leak Detection Experts
Our leak detection experts use state-of-the-art equipment and their extensive knowledge to find the origin of the leak and repair it efficiently and effectively. Contact us today to speak with one of our pool care specialists to learn what maintenance program would work best for you and your pool or to speak with one of our service repair technicians.